Smile Solutions’ Response to COVID-19
AN UPDATE FROM US ON COVID-19 – WE ARE VACCINATED
As a valued patient of our dental office, we appreciate the trust you place in us and would love to inform you that our dentists and staff are taking Covid-19 vaccines. The first dose is done in January 2021, and second dose will start at the beginning of February. We believe in science, so we trust that the vaccination will protect ourselves so as to protect you and our family members.
We are taking precautions to keep our patients and staff healthy and safe now that we are allowed to resume seeing patients.
We are actively monitoring real-time reports from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), California Department of Public Health, California Dental Association, American Dental Association and local governments. We have re-opened the office and will continue to comply with public health experts’ guidance.
Prior to the Shelter-In-Place order, our practice already used a sterilization protocol involving:
- Two hospital-grade sterilizers with bagged instruments;
- Full wipe-down disinfection of all operatories and equipment after each patient;
- Cleaning/sterilization of common areas several times throughout the day
We have implemented the following new actions to help protect our patients and staff:
- We purchased digital no-touch thermometers and oximeter to monitor staff and patients for fever and oxygen level. Staff can rely on fully paid sick leave if they or any of their household members exhibit symptoms of illness.
- We removed all magazines, books, and toys from the waiting area. Hand sanitizer stations are now set up throughout the office. Also limited items on operatory counter.
- We implemented extra sterilization protocols such as UV-C light and extra-oral suction system, air purifier.
At your next appointment:
- If you have a cough, fever, or flu-like symptoms or have a household member with a cough, fever, or flu-like symptoms, please re-schedule. We will screen temperatures for all individuals entering our clinic and will send you home if symptomatic.
- Whenever possible, we ask that the patient enter the practice alone. For young children or for appointments requiring an adult, we ask that you limit visitors to one adult/older companion per patient.
- To check-in, please text or call the office upon arrival, then wait in your car. We will text you when we are ready to serve your appointment.
- We ask every individual coming into our office wears mask all the time unless under checkup or treatment
- When waiting in the reception area, please respect social distancing and sit at least 6 feet away from other occupants.
- Instead of staying at the reception area to schedule your next appointment, we kindly ask you to text/call instead.
- We will offer consultations and paperwork via email/text/phone conference whenever possible.
We thank you for trusting us to take care of you and your family.